• Thursday, March 7, 2013

    Jim Jones Says “Harlem Shake” Was Originally His Song


    jim jones
    Baauer’s “Harlem Shake” has taken on a life of its own (ironically one that has nothing to do with the actual Harlem Shake), but according to Jim Jones, the monster record was originally his. In an interview with Jenny Boom Boom, the Harlem MC revealed that he was sitting on the beat for about a year and it was intended for DJ Pauly D’s upcoming album. The version Jimmy recently released was the original record. Who knows whether it would have had the same impact.
    Well actually ["Harlem Shake"] was mine for a year, I had that record a year ago, it was supposed to be for Pauly D’s album and we never did nothing with it, so when I started to hear this “Harlem Shake” and I heard the beat, I’m like, “Damn, I had that beat already for a year,” so I just put the record out.
    Listen to Jim Jones’ full interview after the jump…
    (Via HHNM)

    0 comments: