• Tuesday, January 31, 2012

    Poetry Corner: Ras - "Past Tense"



    Past Tense


    You say its all over the past is just done
    But when things go wrong to the past you still run
    Remember what you said you'd never do me dirty
    Words i still wonder will they ever be worthy
    You wanna do this you wanna fight about that
    But the fact still remains and i quote "you got that"
    Even tho its real foolish and might seem unfair
    You still have a love and me...well theres none there
    I sit and wish i could believe your "i love you"
    And envision the life of just us TWO
    But YOU yes YOU have him and her, I have ME...
    I guess im supposed to grip that and live happily
    But when i see me happy i see us without them
    The window without a glass the walls with no trim
    I'm stuck between it i should have seen it its a killa
    Blinded by love something of which im too familiar
    Intent on trying i'll never be a quitter
    Like im 0 and 4 next time imma be the winner
    A long lost battle with the hopeless feeling
    My love my life without you theres still no bearing
    I cant even imagine a time when im not caring
    My love is still here whnever you need to receive it
    But its a lil tainted since you tryed to deceive it....
    -Ras

    0 comments: