• Wednesday, March 6, 2013

    ASAP Rocky Sounds Off on MTV’s ‘Hottest MCs List’ Ranking: “I Didn’t Like That” (VIDEO)


    asap-rocky

    Kanye West isn’t the only artist sounding off on MTV’s “Hottest MC’s in the Game” list. During a west coast visit, A$AP Rocky caught up with DJ SourMilk and Justin Credible of the L.A. Leakers to discuss his No. 8 placing.
    While Kanye brought up records and verses during his debate, Rocky cites overall artistry as to why he should’ve been placed higher. From directing his own videos, being a trendsetter, and rappers jacking his flows, Lord Flacko feels he should be No. 1 or not on the list at all.
    Watch A$AP Rocky’s interview with the L.A. Leakers below……
    “I didn’t like that.
    I’ve been directing my videos since 22, I’m 24-years-old. All of my videos are sh***ing on any hip-hop video out there let’s be honest, the reason everyone’s wearing gold again is because of your boy. Everybody’s wearing diamonds, I’m the one who made glasses with the John Lennon shades with the glasses going on now. C’mon who brought gold teeth back? I’m just being honest.
    I’m the first artist that grew enough balls to say I listen to Geto Boys, Three 6 Mafia, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, N.W.A., and Wu-Tang at the same damn time, what! And I’m influenced by all of them.
    Who brought double-time back? Who was rapping like Bone? Nobody.
    Everybody’s rapping like that now, it’s frustrating when I’m number eight don’t put me on it at all.”

    0 comments: